Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The visit from DwellGreen

OK I'm on my flight to Cal so I got to thinking this would be a good time to relate my Energy Survey from the guys at DwellGreen.
I've already had several FPL energy audits to the point of being told "don't make the house any tighter" which of course I did anyway. Over quite a few years I've systematically upgraded starting with the low hanging fruit first like the simple foam inserts that go behind wall plates all the way to upgrading to a Carrier 19.2 twin scroll system reducing the tonnage and adding a heat exchanger to take care of most of the hot water pre-heating. The old builder installed A/C was on it's last legs anyway, the replaced condenser was rusted, along with the entire bottom of the unit which promptly fell apart when it was being removed!
To be continued..



No comments: