Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hurricane Inspection time...saving “Moola” in the process

In preparation for the upcoming season and a obligatory change in insurers we had a third party inspection completed, which was great as it gave me the opportunity to review the upgrades to our “home-sweet-home”.
I started in 2003 when I saw an abrupt change in the weather pattern with a cold front turning up in North Florida in late summer (it was usually around the "Hogs breath Regatta" time). The only problem with this was, that IF it stalled out and IF there was a Hurricane in the Carribean it would most likely get sucked up into the Gulf with the potential of us getting thumped in the process! 
Everyone had a good laugh in early 2004 when I was cutting up plywood boards, even painting them black to make them look like windows. I found it a fun project though and then during 2004 exactly as I thought COULD happen DID... “Charlie” knocked on our door
to be continued... 

No comments: